Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lies Beneath By Anne Greenwood Brown



"I hadn't killed anyone all winter, and I have to say I felt pretty good about that." ~ Calder White

Calder White is not your typical merman and his sisters are not your typical mermaids.  Forget everything you think you know about merfolk and dive into this twisted tale of betrayal, lies and truth.

Calder is all kinds of creepy and scary but manages to be vulnerable and cocky at the same time. I love his character!

His sisters...well they are something else!

The story is told from Calder's POV (point of view) which is fun because we get to read a story from a male perspective. We see his inner conflict with his own nature to decide between what he knows he has to do and what he knows is the right thing to do... It may be the key to his undoing.

The underwater world described in this book was absolutely beautiful.  I really wanted to be a mermaid after this!  I couldn't put this book down! I was "hooked" from the first line in the story! Haunting, breathtaking, and utterly romantic, this tale of mermaid lore is in a class of its own.  I couldn't have been more pleased with this book. I would recommend this one as a must read.

Coming Spring 2013 The story of Calder and Lily continues in Deep Betrayal where it will be Lily's turn to narrate!   I CANT WAIT!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment